Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Brain Highways Encinitas

Last night we took both kids to check out the Brain Highways program in Encinitas.  www.brainhighways.com.

It was recommended to me by a handful of homeschooling Mom friends over the past 2 years.  I finally got off my duff and looked it up online a few days ago and found that they had a free screening last night.  Basically their thought is that people have certain behaviors because there lower brain were not fully developed in early childhood (infancy and toddlerhood).  But the lower brain can be corrected and developed through certain exercises.  They had the kids do a series of specific exercises/activities to "screen" them and as they were doing each exercise they noted and explained why the kid was doing certain things with their body.  Like what their feet did when the child was asked to crawl on all fours across the floor.  How their hands were placed when crawling.  What their eyes did when asked to focus on a moving pencil, etc.  Before actually seeing the "screening", I was at best 50/50 that it was something that could help my kids.  I thought for sure that my Hubby would think it was a joke.  But after seeing and hearing, I no longer think it's a joke.  And surprise!  Hubby said we should sign both kids up before we even walked out the door to drive home.  AND he didn't even ask how much it cost (which is usually a deciding factor for him).  And he didn't even flinch when I told him how much it would cost. 

Because of schedule conflict and prioritizing who needs the most "help", we are signing Monkey up for the Sunday evening class followed by the Sunday Drop In Class, and having Bean join us to do the exercises at home while we homeschool.  Our sessions start in November.

I will post up our progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment