Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Getting Back to Running

So I am at the end of 5 weeks out of a 12 week Couch to 5K running plan through www.active.com.  The first 4 weeks were pretty easy.  Walk a few minutes, run a few minutes, walk a few minutes, run a few minutes.  Then this week it was walk 5 mins, run 5 mins, for a total of 32 minutes.  Okay, no problem.  Day 2 training for this week was walk 5 mins, run 8 mins and repeat for a total of 31 minutes.  Again, okay...no problemmo.  Then BAM!  Day 3 training was walk 5 minutes, run 20 WHOLE FRIGGIN MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING, then walk 5 mins for a total of 30 minutes.  The run itself was actually enjoyable.  The Fibromyalgia aftermath this morning however, IS NOT FUN!  Boo!  Can we just say pain sensory overload to the brain receptors?????  Usually I look ahead in the log book to see what the next days training is because I am excited to see what new challenge is coming.  My next run is in 2 days on Sunday...and I am not looking ahead this time.  I am praying that 2 days of rest will be long enough for my body to recover so I can run again on Sunday. 

I wish I could just spend all day relaxing at home, snuggled up in bed watching tv.  Instead we will be heading to Costco in a few minutes, then straight to our homeschool groups monthly Park Day (the kids get to decorate pumpkins..yay!), then to gymnastics lessons, then we are kid sitting a friends son for the evening and having a movie night at home.  At least I get to be out in the sun (always makes me feel better) and get to watch the movie "Battleship" again (my Uncle is in it as an extra..woohoo!).

On top of "normal life" we have added two exciting new adventures to our schedule.  First is a new blanket ministry that I have started with my friend called His Love Covers Me Blanket Ministries.  You can check us out at www.facebook.com\HisLoveCoversMeBlanketMinistries. Second is CUB SCOUTS!  We just signed Monkey up to be a Cub Scout Bear last night.  I can't wait for all the camp outs and fun activities...for him, I mean (hee hee!).  The hubby and I are just as excited as Monkey is to be in Cub Scouts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment