Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I have been eating Paleo for about a week and a half now. My Fibro pain is almost gone and I feel very energetic! I have loved almost every new Paleo recipe I have tried. And the best part is that I can now tolerate onions, tomatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, and bell peppers. These veggies are all part of the Night Shade family of veggies and are known to cause inflammation in the body. I have stayed away from them for a few years now. Before Paleo, if I ate any of these veggies, 20 minutes later I would be curled up in bed with debilitating Fibro pain. I have eaten them all in the past week and a half and have had little to no reaction from them. I think that before my body was so inflammed from all the grains I was eating (mostly rice and beans since I have been gluten free for 4 years) that eating any of these veggies just sent my inflammation over the top.

I am having a little Fibro pain now, but that's because I drank half a Coke this afternoon that is chock full of High Fructose Corn Syrup (corn is a grain).

I know it's only been a short time, but I am fully on board with eating Paleo. I know I will have days where I struggle and will want to cheat and that's okay as long as I get back on the Paleo wagon right after.

I know that there are many women out there who are suffering from debilitating Fibromyalgia pain and other symptoms related to Fibro. I highly recommend that you try the Paleo Diet for 2 weeks and see the amazing results that I have experienced. Yes, I know I sound like an infomercial for the Paleo Diet...but it is working for me. The first time in over 4 years of struggling with this disease that I have found something that works for me.

And yes, I make my family eat all the Paleo meals. So far my hubby has liked everything. My kids have each liked most of it.

I have been opiate free since Day 1 of starting the Paleo Diet. I have had to take Tramadol a couple of times and Advil a couple of times, but that following a day that I cheated with either some candy or a Coke. NINE WHOLE DAYS without taking Vicodin...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment