Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 3 Paleo

Breakfast:

Hard boiled eggs for hubby and son


Turkey wrapped cantaloupe melon for me and my daughter (we are anaphylactic allergic to eggs).

Snack:
SP Complete Dairy Free shake, with coconut milk, sunflower seeds, and a banana.

Lunch:
Left over meatloaf and Cauliflower rice

Snack:
Home made trail mix (coconut slivers, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, dried raisins, and dried cherries)
Cut up strawberries and apples

Dinner:

Honey mustard and sunflower glazed chicken (adapted from the "Everyday Paleo" Honey Mustard and Pecans chicken)
Kids "Slaw" from the "Everyday Paleo".

I just sliced up the chicken and put it right over the Slaw. So yummy!

Snack:
left over Slow Rubbed Chicken and Cauliflower Rice.

How do I feel after just three days? My pain levels have remained at a constant 1 or 2 since Monday. My energy is much better....no afternoon slump. Since I am constantly eating good whole foods, I rarely feel hungry. So far I have no cravings for sweets. My fave drink is Coke or Dr. Pepper. Haven't had a craving for that either. I felt so good that I went for a bike ride with my son today AND went to my yoga class tonight. And so far no pain increase from the physical activity. Before I would have to take a Vicodin after exercise to calm my Fibro pain down.

Yes it does take more time in the kitchen, but I am already sold! I think I spend about 3 hrs a day (20 mins on breakfast, 20 mins on lunch, 20 mins on snacks, and 30 mins of prep time and 1 hr of cook time on dinner) on prep and cook time for all three meals plus snacks. And come to find, I actually LIKE to cook :). So far I have just followed recipes from the "Everyday Paleo" book. They are easy to make and tasty!

And yes, I am making my 6 and 4 year olds do this same diet. I am not a short order cook, they eat whatever meal I am preparing. So far my son has liked almost everything Paleo I have made. But as far as food goes, he is the easier one because he literally eats just about everything. My daughter so far has liked all the meats and fruits, but has never cared for veggies so that's a struggle. But she did LOVE the meatloaf with all the shredded carrots and zucchini in it :).

We even went to the movies this afternoon and my kids didn't bug me about getting them anything from the snack bar. They were totally happy with their homemade trail mix, cut up fruits, and water.

Yesterday we went to the Wild Animal Park for a few hours and I just took homemade trail mix, a couple of frozen juice boxes (for them, not for me), some left over meatloaf, and some cut up fruit and there were no complaints or requests for snacks at the snack bar.

Today I also made my own fruit infused water. A few slices of fresh lemon, a few slices of cucumber, and a handful of boysenberries in a huge pitcher of water. I made it last night and let it chill over night in the fridge. Daughter didn't care for it, but my son loved it! And I loved it! Hubby was so-s0. He prefers his water plain. Next time I want to try to make the Rosemary Water that J had at her dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment