Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Trying a New "Diet"

Basically what I had been doing for my Fibro was no longer working. I switched to a gluten free diet almost 4 years ago. My pain decreased, but was still there. I switched to an egg and dairy free diet on top of my gf diet about a year ago. Pain decreased more but was still there. Avoided all veggies in the nightshade family. Pain decreased more but was still there. So after 4 years of enduring this crazy disease called Fibromyalgia, I am once again changing up my diet. My good friend J and I have been on a similar journey the last 4 years trying to figure out what is the cause of our crazy symptoms. We both shared similar issues. I have been working with my current Naturopath for about 3 years and feel that I have reached the end of my treatment with her. My syptoms are not getting better and when asked if there was anything else she could recommend that answer in a round about way was "no". So I knew I needed to move on. I immediately called J and asked her about her Naturopath and the treatments she was doing. At the same time, J put a bug in my ear about the GAPS Diet and Paleo Diet. A couple weeks later J invited a bunch of us gals over for a Paleo Dinner Party. She showed us how quick and easy it was to prepare a Paleo meal. We had meatloaf, appetizers, Rosemary water (so yummy!), Spaghetti Squash "spaghetti", Cauliflower "rice", bacon wrapped dates, and prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe. It was all soooooo yummy. And best of all, it was the first time ever that I was able to eat outside of my house and NOT have a painful reaction after. Then she gave a short but very informative presentation on the "Do's and Don'ts" of Paleo and what is the best and healthiest food choices. A lot of the info I already knew, but there were a bunch of things I didn't know. So I wrote down the names of the books that she had on hand and went home and downloaded what I could to my Nook. After reading "Everyday Paleo" and seeing all the yummy and easy to make recipes, I announced to my hubby that WE as a family would be giving the Paleo Diet a shot. Afterall, it couldn't hurt me anymore than I was already hurting. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment